The location of Douai allows to propose many attractions for the social event (http://www.cdt-nord.fr/an/). Here is a list of suggestions :
- a visit of traditional brewery to discover all about the processes involved in the production of traditional beers
- or a tour of Douai (2hrs) including visit of its belfry and its 62-bell carillon, the Chartreuse Museum and the Flanders Parliament building (http://www.ville-douai.fr/).
- or a visit of the Centre for Mining History in Lewarde that presents three centuries of the history of mining in the Nord-Pas-de-Calais region through reconstructions of galleries
- or a tour of Lille (which is the fourth largest metropolis in France) which is a area of entrancing contrasts, from the historic heart of the city to the glass-clad towers of the new Euralille quarter (http://www.lilletourism.com/anglais/framer.htm )
- or a tour of Arras (1h30) including The "Boves" underground network, historama, entrance to the Museum of Fine Arts (http://www.ville-arras.fr/).
- or a visit of the Regional Ecomuseum of Fourmies (2 hrs) that is established in a glassworks dating from 1823 and takes the visitor back over a century of glass-making (with glass-blowers working over their fires).
Transport will be ensured by bus sponsored by the Ecole des Mines of Douai