MetaclassTalk 0.3 alpha 1 for Squeak 3.0
Please read the README.txt file (included in the downloadable archives).
Download and install notes
For all plateforms (including Linux): Source code
A ready to use image
For Linux: a comprehensive archive (includes all required files)
Known bugs & bug fixes
1. No exception handling
2. How can I change a plain Smalltalk class into a Metaclass one (Samir Saidani)?
- FileIn the following fix: MetaclassTalk0.3alpha1.fix1.cs.gz (about 2.5KB)
- then for a given Smalltalk class C you want to make instance of a MetaclassTalk metaclass M, evaluate the following expression (Note that this code works also for MetaclassTalk classes): C changeMetaclass: M
3. Source code of methods in MetaclassTalk classes is not always available (a hardly readable decompiled code appears instead)
4. Class recompilation sometimes rebuilds methods with the wrong code (the method wrappers one).